Thursday, August 7, 2014

Banana Butter Bread Pudding

I was at home making up a batch of cookies. Some how I accidentally added melted butter to the cookie batter and the cookies came out greasy. I didn't want to waste the batter since I don't like wasting food and decided I would recycle the batter. I didn't know what I was going to do with it until I ran across a bread pudding recipe on the internet.

photo credit: pinchofyum.com
I decided I would try to make a bread pudding using the ingredients I had. I had never made a bread pudding before but I had made a corn pudding. I was using peanut butter for the cookie dough and turned it into a totally different recipe. Here I will take you through the steps of baking peanut butter banana bread pudding. This recipe is simple and doesn't require making dough.

Ingredients
1 cup peanut butter
2 bananas
½ cup peanuts
½ cup milk
2 eggs
½ stick butter
6-8 pieces of bread
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ cup brown sugar
½ cup granulated sugar
2 tbsp cinnamon
¼ cup bread flour

photo credit: www.callmepmc.com
Pre-heat the oven. Grab a mixing bowl for your ingredients. Measure out ½ cup peanuts and put them in a food processor to chop. In the bowl combine the peanut butter and chopped peanuts. Melt the half stick of butter in the microwave and add to the bowl. Then add in the milk and 2 eggs. Cream together the brown sugar and granulated sugar with the mixture. Now that you have a chunky creamy mixture, add in the vanilla extract and 1 tbsp cinnamon. Mix in ¼ cup bread flour. Peel and slice the bananas into ½ inch slices and fold into the peanut butter mixture. Grab some bread; I used 6 slices for this recipe. Remove the crust from all sides of the bread. Cut the bread into little 1 inch squares and mix into the ingredients in the bowl. Butter the sides and bottom of a loaf pan. Sprinkle about a tbsp of flour in the loaf pan. Shake the flour around until it coats all the butter inside the pan. Pour the peanut banana butter into the loaf pan. Sprinkle the loaf with 2 tbsp sugar and 1 tbsp cinnamon. Bake in the oven on 350 degrees for 50 minutes. Take the loaf pan out of oven and check with a toothpick. If it comes out clean then the loaf is ready. Let cool and top with whip cream.

PRODUCTS FROM AMAZON

No comments:

Post a Comment

Top 5 Best Fat Burner Pills for Women Weight Loss

Unveiling the Allies in Your Weight Loss Quest Embarking on a weight loss journey can be as thrilling as it is challenging. Amidst t...