Sunday, February 1, 2015

Oh No, It Is An Oreo Cheesecake And You Have Got To Taste It To Believe It!

Oreo cheesecake is a fantastic blend of the already divine plain cheesecake recipe with one of America's all time favorite cookies, the Oreo. Growing up, my grandma used to always make this cheesecake for my brother and me. She knew it was one of our favorites! It was always a special day when grandma would bring us an Oreo cheesecake. I felt like a Princess whenever I would see her walking up the driveway with her cheesecake tote bag and knowing the whole time that there was an Oreo cheesecake inside. There were times I could hardly contain myself!

photo credit: sugarshack.co.uk
I remember when we used to make the Oreo cheesecake together in grandma's kitchen, (and we still do) she would let me crush up all of the Oreos. Crushing the Oreos was always my favorite part. A couple years ago, my grandma gave me a book she had put together that had many of her favorite cheesecake recipes in it, including the Oreo. It is a gift I will always treasure.

Now every time I bake one of her cheesecakes, I always bring over a slice for us to enjoy together. This Oreo cheesecake has always been my favorite to make and it always makes me smile when I think of the time me and grandma spend in the kitchen talking, laughing, and baking cheesecakes. There's just nothing better!

INGREDIENTS:
25 Oreo cookies
4 tablespoons butter; melted
32 ounces cream cheese; at room temperature
1 ½ cups sugar; divided
2 tablespoons flour
4 eggs; at room temperature
3 egg yolks; at room temperature
1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
2 teaspoons vanilla; divided
1 ¾ cups Oreos; crushed
2 cups sour cream

photo credit: cookingclassy.com
DIRECTIONS:
1) To prepare the crust, process Oreos and butter in food processor; press into springform pan
.
2) For the filling, beat cream cheese; add 1 1/4 c sugar, beat 3 minutes. Mix in flour. While beating, add eggs and yolks, mixing until smooth. Beat in whipping cream and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Pour 1/2 into crust.

3) Sprinkle Oreos; add all remaining ingredients for filling. Place pan in 425-degree oven for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 225-degrees and bake for 50 minutes. Remove from oven; turn oven temperature to 350- degrees.

4) Stir sour cream, 1/4 c sugar and 1 tsp. vanilla together, spread over cake, bake 7 minutes at 35o degrees. Remove from oven; cool to room temperature in draft- free place. Cover and refrigerate overnight or up to 3 days.

With this dessert, if it is anything like my own house, this Oreo Cheesecake won't last long before it is all gobbled up! This recipe is very traditional and it is sure to be a great hit for any occasion!

I mean, really, who doesn't like an classic Oreo Cheesecake? Exactly!


PRODUCTS FROM AMAZON

No comments:

Post a Comment

Top 5 Best Fat Burner Pills for Women Weight Loss

Unveiling the Allies in Your Weight Loss Quest Embarking on a weight loss journey can be as thrilling as it is challenging. Amidst t...